Boris Charmatz Residency
Residency workshop from 07 Dec 2021 to 17 Jun 2022
9 months ago
Every year, the Foundation invites an artist in residence and devises with him/her a series of public meetings allowing the participants, as well as a secondary school class, to contribute to the research, creation and production process of a future work.
For the 2021-2022 season, Boris Charmatz
is the artist in residence, with [terrain] - an experimental project without fixed walls, inserted into the city and public space through invitations around the world.
Boris Charmatz will work throughout 2022 on the conception of his next creation, currently entitled Liberté Cathédrale.
The Foundation's invitation is an opportunity to develop research and ideas through several public meetings with guests from different artistic and theoretical fields, while a class from Bobigny's vocational high school, the FCIL, specialising in communication scenography, will design an editorial project based on some of the choreographer's work.
Events with the students of the Alfred Costes High School - School year 21/22 :
- 5 October 2021: Meeting with Gilles Amalvi, author of texts and interviews with Boris Charmatz; presentation of the history and projects of the Museum of Dance and [terrain]
- 29 November 2021 & 7 February 2022: meetings and work sessions with the graphic designer and artistic director Agnès Dahan
- 13 December 2021 : general rehearsal of the show SOMNOLE by Boris Charmatz at the Eglise Saint Eustache
- 20 January 2022 : performance of SOMNOLE by Boris Charmatz at the MC93 in Bobigny
- 7, 8, 9 March 2022: discovery of Lafayette Anticipations' production workshop and implementation of the students' projects
- 23 May 2022: installation of the students' productions in the Lafayette Anticipations agora
- May 23, 2022: dance practice workshop with dancer and choreographer Ashley Chen, performer of several pieces by Boris Charmatz
- May 24-27, 2022: exhibition of the high school students' productions in the Fondation's Agora
About the residency
Organ listening session
Tuesday 07 Dec at 7:30pm
Boris Charmatz and Emma Bigé
Monday 07 Feb at 5:30pm
Warm Up Session with Tatiana Julien
Thursday 31 Mar at 7pm
Impromptu - Étape de Travail x Boris Charmatz et [terrain]
Monday 13 Jun at 2pm
Tuesday 14 Jun at 2pm, 8pm
Wednesday 15 Jun at 2pm, 8pm
Thursday 16 Jun at 8pm
Friday 17 Jun at 8:30pm